Monday, March 14, 2011

Reflection 2

I had studied about pop culture in last lecture. While I was studying, at first, I wonder why we need to learn about pop culture and what pop culture is. This lecture helped me to understand it. We had presentation about fad and pop star who gave me influence. While I was preparing for this presentation, I could found something it. I have lived in pop culture and given a lot of influenced. I read definition of pop culture in book. Pop culture is made up of all the objects, people, events, and places to which most of us readily relate and which comprise a society at any given time, past or present. I think It means pop culture reflect our life in society.

My A-ha moment is that I realized about pop culture. I just know that culture is high culture. But I’ve already had many experiences through various activities in society. Especially, pop culture is so close to people. That’s why I seemed not to feel. Pop culture is like one of life in our life.
I’d like to express that pop culture is like my life. I am living in pop culture. I read a newspaper, watch TV, listen pop songs and I am studying in school. Maybe, I got positive and negative influence at the same time. I have seen a lot of big events so far. I read about pop culture is not fixed in time. I agree the explanation about pop culture through my experience.

Actually, pop culture is too huge department like I told “my life”. When I read introduction for students, it is hard to understand about explaining Shakespeare. I thought that Shakespeare was also pop culture in that time. It is hard to connect to definition of pop culture perfectly. I guess the writer wanted to give students example to show definition of pop culture. Anyway, I agree pop culture is like a mirror to reflect our values and preferences in society. It is good for me to study this class.

First, I’ve already written in my first reflection. At first, I did not know why I need to do many activities for this class. Now I can feel why you gave assignments like presentations about fad and pop stars. I was really fun to prepare for my presentation and I was good chance to think about pop culture and me.

No comments:

Post a Comment